2018 CSA Sign up is open
How to sign up?
- Pick your share size and add-ons
- Pick your weekly pick-up location
- Choose your way to sign up:
- Enjoy the bountiful abundance of Winterfell Acres!
2018 CSA Shares
Nibble Share (Intro to CSA) $295
20 weekly boxes of organic fresh vegetables, herbs and occasionally fruit that equals approximately one-third to one-half of a grocery bag. Members can expect 5-8 different items in their box throughout the season. This sized share is ideal for 1-2 people depending on eating habits; generally has fewer obscure vegetables.
Picnic Share (Right in-between) $435
20 weekly boxes of organic fresh vegetables, herbs and occasionally fruit that equals approximately one-half to two-thirds of a grocery bag. Members can expect 6-12 different items in their box throughout the season. This sized share is great for 1-4 people depending on eating habits.
Feast Share (Loads of Vegetables!) $630
20 weekly boxes of organic fresh vegetables, herbs and occasionally fruit that equals approximately one grocery bag full. Members can expect 8-14 different items in their box throughout the season. This sized share is easily consumed by a household of 2-6 depending on eating habits.
Storage Share $160
Two large winter storage boxes filled with primarily storage vegetables like organic carrots, onions, beets, squash and potatoes as well as some perishable items like spinach, leeks, Brussels sprouts and kale. This year's shares will be delivered on Tuesdays, Oct. 23rd and Nov. 6th, 2018.
Flower Share $100
Enjoy seasonal, farmer-choice organic flower bouquets in addition to your regular CSA share. Farmer Beth loves to create vibrant, seasonal and wildcrafted blooms from her farm to your vase. Expect about 10 bouquets (about every other week) over the 20 week season depending on what is ready and available.
*See pictures below for share sizes.
In general, we try to fit in at least 3 staples each week: leafy crop (salad mix, head lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, etc.), an allium crop (scallions, onions, leeks, garlic, etc.) and a root crop (beets, salad turnips, radishes, potatoes, carrots, etc.). The rest of the weekly items are dependent on our wonderful, Wisconsin weather!
Other Benefits of Joining Winterfell Acres CSA:
- Weekly farm e-newletters and recipes
- On-farm events exclusively for CSA members. Some examples include work days, tomato tasting, farm tours, harvest party!
- Access to the private Winterfell CSA Facebook group
- First-serve access to other farm products: pastured pork and heritage chicken, farm fresh eggs, cut flowers, bulk produce for preserving and other seasonal farm products
- HMO rebate program- more info HERE
Pick Up Locations
All deliveries are on Tuesdays, June 5 through October 16, 2018
- Brooklyn: Farm (W1912 Mortensen Road) 12-8pm
- New Glarus: Meaghan’s home (401 9th Avenue) 1-8pm
- Verona: Epic (North campus- Observatory Vestibule/Entrance to Abyss) 2-8pm (employees only)
- Verona: Mike’s home (212 Noel Way) 2-8pm
- Middleton: Erdman (1 Erdman Place) 3-5:30pm (employees only)
- Madison Near West: VA Hospital (2500 Overlook Terrace) 3-6pm
- Madison Near East: FairShare CSA Coalition (303 S. Paterson) 3-8pm
- Madison Far East: Neuro Explosion (5014 Voges Road) 4-7pm
Please read our CSA Member Handbook before signing up for a CSA share!